24hr Cancelation Policy -- Please contact Chihiro 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel. This way your priavte lesson can be made up at a later (or prior) date. In event of a late notice, lessons will not be made up.
If you prefer to pay for your lessons monthly upfront, a full payment must be made at or before the 1st lesson of the month.
Please arrive on time for your lesson. There are other students scheduled before and after yours. If you arrive late, your lesson will end at the scheduled time, and will not be made up.
I ask that parents/guardians come to the lesson with the student so you can learn together. However, there may be cases where the child is able to focus better without the parent/guardian in the room. In that case, I will speak with you to make the best decision so you and your child get the most out of the violin lessons.
Extensive Requirements and Policies
I do not want to sound too picky or fussy, but just to be clear about my expectations, I would like to share some detailed requirements and policies for your better understanding and making your child's violin lessons successful!
At Chihiro Fukuda Violin Studio, we are committed to your child’s music education! Our priority and goal is to set up every child to experience positive, productive, and successful violin lessons. In order to assure you and your child’s progress, we have requirements and policies in place. Please read the following studio requirements and policies carefully.
1. A parent or guardian must accompany the student at all lessons and take notes, videos, photos, or anything else necessary, so you can learn together.
2. The parent/guardian who attends the lessons must be able to practice with the student.
3. You must practice every day, following the teacher’s specific instructions.
4. Beginners must take biweekly (2x per week) lessons for the first 6~18 months.
5. Non-beginner students must take lessons weekly.
6. Do not let your child skip more than 2 weeks of lessons.
7. During extended holidays, such as summer vacation, we understand you will not be able to continue regular weekly lessons, however, please sign up for as many lesson as possible so your child’s progress does not get set back or interrupted.
8. Arrive at your lesson 5 minutes before the scheduled start time so you and your child have time to use the restroom, get your music and instrument ready.
9. Leave extra space in your child’s after-school schedule. Overbooking your child with too many after-school activities does not help your child’s development in violin. It is essential that your child has enough time and energy to fulfill the daily practice requirements aside from school and homework.
10. Chihiro Fukuda Violin Studio will hold 2 student recitals each year. All students will prepare, and participate in both recitals.
11. Please take your child to a live classical concert at least 3 times a year. You may ask your teacher for concert recommendations.
1. Monthly lesson fees are due before the first lesson of the month.
2. Lesson fees are not refundable.
3. Your teacher will send you a lesson schedule for the following month. Please look very carefully at your calendar and request for any changes if necessary.
4. Please arrive to your lesson on time. If you are late, the time missed will not be made up.
5. We have a 24hr cancellation policy. Any lesson canceled within 24hrs of the lesson time is not guaranteed for a make-up.
6. If you choose to make monthly payments, you may cancel up to one lesson each month. If that lesson cannot be rescheduled within the month, it can be rolled over to the next month and the fee be deducted.
7. If you cancel more than one lesson, it must be rescheduled and made up within the month.
8. 2nd or further canceled lessons that are not rescheduled and made up within the same month will not be refunded or rolled over to the next month.
9. Payments for single lessons are also available at a non-discounted rate. Single lessons will be confirmed at the time of payment.